Monday, January 11, 2010

On Relegating Facebook

"Remember, remember the 11th of Novem ... uh ... January. The Facebook treason and plot; I see no reason why the Facebook treason should ever be forgot."

I finally relegated Facebook by deactivating my account. I understand that my digital imprint is still going to be out there, but that wasn't why I broke ties with the social networking giant. I went western show-down on Facebook, because it is the gateway drug to being a full-on creeper. Stalking is now socially acceptable, and that freaks me out. I wasn't worried about having to fend off strange, hairy, overweight, cheeto-crumb-infested maniacs ... I was worried that I'd become one.

Here's to old-school human interaction.

Cheers.

6 comments:

I am Bethany. said...

but how are you going to know when it's my birthday?!!!!

sky said...

welcome to the non-facebooking club.

Sean said...

I would have to admit that in the early days of facebook I would stalk a little. I don't even see how this is possible now that the site is so overwhelmingly busy.

I check my inbox. I check my wall. I comment on people's status updates. I don't even like checking photos. It's too overwhelming.

amy said...

Jealous. I hate facebook. If I didn't have to have it for work it'd have the boot.

Anonymous said...

Eric says that facebook is for pedophiles and perverts... and so is your blog.

Tom Page said...

Dear Anonymous,

I imagine that your are referring to Eric Ranes, who prefers that I not mention his name on my blog. Yes, he would actually be correct.