Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ultimate Return

After several months of being sidelined with a rib injury - thank you, Skylar - I made my valiant return to the Ultimate Frisbee field.

I am out of shape.

Today was really fun, and wet, and muddy. Not only did we have to play against the formidable Kyle Blake (like always, what the heck?), we had to play against his NFL caliber brother, Dave ... Lord, have mercy. The first throw to go Dave's way when I was guarding him, resulted in me getting so manhandled that my only option was to climb onto his back, which I did. It was like trying to bring down a pachyderm. Graciously, Dave took this in stride and decided not to torment me for the rest of the match.

At the end of the day it was 2 wins, 2 losses. Our last win has an asterisk by it, because we ended early, but I was so stinking tired by that point that I didn't care who won the last game. Currently, my legs feel like they are filled with led. The hurt is gonna come tomorrow!

2 comments:

sky said...

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I've played ultimate since that night either. your break was just a bit more painful than mine. glad we an still be friends. i heard you made the sweetest catch ever on Saturday!

Sean said...

And the hurt did come. Glad the human body heals itself. First for your ribs and secondly for your January back pain.